Sunday 11 October 2015

At Rossopomodoro


Yesterday I had my first Neapolitan pizza experience in Riyadh, and it was quite a satisfying one. We had lunch at Rossopomodoro in Riyadh, a branch of the famous Rossopomodoro restaurant and pizzeria who has its HQ in Napoli with many branches worldwide.
The location, ambiance and decor were all good and comfortable. The staff and service were good (wasn't busy at the time), and the food was better than I expected.
Once inside,one could see the signature gold tiles wood oven which is special for Rossopomodoro, which made me go and see the pizza making as I usually do enjoy that.
I was a bit anxious about having the first authentic margarita in Riyadh, but I wasn't disappointed. The dough was light and charred, although the crust could be thicker if you want to be strict about the standards. The tomato was not too sour, and the mozzarella was delicious. I suspect it was San Marzano tomato and buffalo mozzarella since it had a unique taste compared to other pizzas I had.
We had also the eggplant parmigiana which was delicious and quite cheesy, and a tomato sauce penne for our young guest who enjoyed eating it with her hands!
This is the best Neapolitan style pizza I had in Riyadh so far, and I suspect many visits to come whenever I wanted to enjoy one.
Thumbs up Rossopmodoro!

0 comments:

Post a Comment